First, you should contact our customer support to enable tipping mode on your account.
Choose your tipping mode.
1. Tipping modes:
- no tipping
- tip amount
- tip percentage
- total amount
- tipping menu
- tipping menu or amount
A customer enters an amount on the card reader as a gratuity (e.g. if the amount is £100 and the customer enters £7,5, £7,5 will be added to the total amount as gratuity and customer is charged £107,5 in total).
A customer enters the percentage (%) on the card reader as a gratuity (e.g. if the amount is £100 and the customer enters 10%, £10 will be added to the total amount as gratuity and customer is charged £110 in total).
A customer enters the total amount (gratuity included) on the card reader (e.g. if the amount is £10, a customer should enter £11 and £1 will be added as a gratuity to the amount of £10).
On the card reader tipping menu appears with the following options:
A customer enters a number from 1 to 4 for tipping percentage (5% - 20%) on the card reader.
Tipping menu or amount
Card reader tipping menu options are:
- Enter TIP amount:
A customer enters a number from 1 to 4 for the tipping percentage (5% - 20%) or selects option 5 for entering tip amount on the card reader.
2. To add gratuity in the application:
- Sign in to the application and:
- in a simple charge mode, enter the amount and tap it to pay by card
- in a register mode, add items to the cart, tap the total amount and select Card
- On the card reader, the 'Add Gratuity?' message appears.
- Ask the customer to press YES to add gratuity.
- Let the customer select a tipping option or enter the tip amount on the card reader, depending on the tipping mode settings.
If your clients previously added the service charge to their cart, gratuity will not be offered on the terminal.