First, enable tipping mode (gratuity) in merchant settings*. Choose your tipping mode.
1. Tipping modes:
- no tipping
- tip amount
- tip percentage
- tip total amount
- tipping menu
- tipping menu or amount
A customer enters an amount (£) on the card reader that would be added as a gratuity (e.g. if the amount is 100£ and customer enters 7,5£, 7,5£ will be added to the total amount as gratuity and customer is charged 107,5 in total).
A customer enters the percentage (%) on the card reader that would be added as a gratuity (e.g. if the amount is 100£ and customer enters 10%, 10£ will be added to the total amount as gratuity and customer is charged 110£ in total).
Tip total amount
A customer enters the total amount (gratuity included) in £ on the card reader (e.g. if the amount is 10£, a customer should enter 11£ and 1£ will be added as a gratuity to the amount of 10£).
On the card reader tipping menu appears with the following options:
A customer enters a number from 1 to 4 for tipping percentage (5% - 10%) on the card reader.
Tipping menu or amount
Card reader tipping menu options are:
- Enter TIP amount:
A customer enters a number from 1 to 4 for tipping percentage (5% - 10%) or selects option 5 for entering tip amount in £ on the card reader.
2. To add gratuity in the application:
- Sign in to the application and:
- if in a simple charge mode, enter the amount and tap on that amount to pay by card.
- If in a register mode, add items to the cart, tap on the total amount and select Card.
- On the card reader, the message appears Add Gratuity?
- Ask a customer to press YES to add gratuity.
- Let the customer choose a tipping option or enter the tip amount on the card reader, depending on the tipping mode settings.
If your clients previously added the service charge to their cart, gratuity will not be offered on the mPOS terminal.
*Contact our customer support to enable tipping mode on your account.