The Transaction failed or Transaction was declined messages can happen for several reasons:
- The wi-fi is off or unstable.
- The card reader connection timed out.
- Inserting/swiping the card timed out.
- Waiting for the PIN/signature authorisation timed out.
- The card is damaged (chip error, magnetic tape damaged).
- The card type is not supported. If this is the case, ask the customer to pay with another card.
- The available balance on the card is insufficient to make the payment.
- The customer may have exceeded a spending limit.