Comp (a.k.a. complimentary) items are shown on the issued invoice with zero price with reason added as a note (e.g. Staff Dinner, Promotion, etc.).
Note that before you select comp reasons they must be created on the web dashboard first.
To comp an item from the saved order:
- Tap on the 'Pin' icon in the app menu. Here you will find the list of taken orders.
- Tap an order from the list of open orders.
- Select the item you wish to comp.
- Tap the comp icon on the bottom (displayed as '100%')
- Select comp reason from the comp reasons list by tapping on it.
- Tap SELECT.
- Tap SAVE.
- Save order changes by tapping SAVE or take payment by tapping on the amount.
If you wish to change the comp reason, follow the instruction above, and select another comp reason.
If you have comped an item mistakenly and you wish to charge the item you can clear a comp from an item in the open order.
The price of the comp items in the open order is now displayed with zero price and the old price in strikethrough format (e.g. Tea
5£) and is not summed up to the total amount.
See this article to find out more about comp reasons and when to use them.