A composite product is a sellable product consisting of components. A component is an inventory tracking product assigned in a specific quantity as an ingredient of a sellable product. Any sellable product connected to the inventory will be a composite product, connected either to a single or multiple components.
Below you can find instruction on how to:
- add components to a product;
- add components to a product with variants.
Here's how to add components to a product:
- Sign in to your Bizzon account on the web.
- In the main menu, select Products and from there either select an existing product or create a new one.
- Move the Composite product? slider to the right to add components.
- Select an inventory tracking item from the drop-down menu to add it as a component of the product.
- If the product is made up of multiple components, click ADD COMPONENT to add more components to it.
- By default, a component will be added as one whole inventory tracking unit. The quantity of the component that goes into a single unit of sellable product can be adjusted on the quantity field. Inventory items with unit conversion assigned will offer all available units of measurement in the unit drop-down menu.
- Each component has a cost determined by the quantity of the inventory tracking product added. Individual component costs are added at the bottom under Total which represents the material cost of a single unit of a sellable product.
- Click SAVE.
Here's how to add components to a product with variants:
1. Each product variant can be connected with its inventory components.
2. Once variants are created, each option value can be linked to a separate list of ingredients.
3. In order to assign components to a product variant click on the tag icon on the right-hand side.
Note: Leave the composite product slider above disabled.
4. Add the required components and adjust the quantity and unit of measurement as needed.
5. Click SAVE once all the components are added.
6. Repeat the process for other product variants.
7. Click SAVE.
8. Material costs are summed and displayed on the product details card for each of the variants.
Article is closed for comments.