If you wish to track the inventory of liquors, wine bottles, cases, and kegs you can add each of these items on the stock as purchasable products.
Of course, you will not be selling bottles of gin, boxes of tea, or beer kegs. That's why you need to create a separate sellable product, too (i.e. wine by the glass, draught beer) as items with variants (i.e. size: 125ml, 175ml, bottle, pint, half-pint, shot).
For successful inventory tracking, purchasable and sellable items must be linked!
See the examples below.
Example 1. - Selling wine by the glass and per bottle
- Add Wine bottle as a separate item:
- In the main menu, to go Inventory -> Products,
- click the +ADD button to create a new purchasable item (i.e. Azania Chenin blanc bottle),
- make sure that the inventory tracking is enabled,
- add inventory quantity.
In this particular case, we're purchasing beer bottle-by-bottle, so quantity is one.
This option is useful if you're purchasing your items in packs (e.g. a beer six-pack, box of wine, etc).
- Select bottle as an inventory unit, and enter the unit price.
Optionally, you can enable the low stock alert option and enter the low stock quantity threshold.
- Click ADD button in Unit Conversion section to enable automatic unit conversion.
Define 1 bottle (source) as 0.75 liters (target) like in the example below.
Note: By adding this item as purchasable only, this bottle will not be visible in the app as a separate sellable item. This item serves only as another item's component (i.e. 'White wine' which is sellable by the glass and/or bottle).
So, you've created a purchasable item, but to sell this product, you must create a sellable item, as well:
- Create a new sellable item (i.e. White wine) with variants,
- type Size under the variant name label and add 0.175, 0.250, and bottle as the variant option values (separated by commas),
- click on the tag icon on each variant, select a component in the drop-down menu (i.e.Azania Chenin blanc bottle created earlier), and define the amount that will be taken from the stock.
For a bottle, enter 0.75 in liters or 1 bottle.
- Click SAVE.
Note: In the app, when you tap the item White wine it will offer you to choose between three options (sizes) and after the purchase, the stock will be updated.
Example 2. - Mixed drinks
- Create a new sellable item (i.e. White wine spritzer),
- turn on the composite product switch and add components (see the example below),
- click SAVE.