What are the benefits of network printers?
Network printers, both in Wireless LAN and Ethernet (Wired LAN) interface versions, offer the greatest configuration flexibility and operational versatility. From the point of view of the merchant, network printers offer the most utility with the least amount of inputs (in comparison with USB or Bluetooth printers).
From the technical support point of view, printers with a network interface can be monitored and configured almost entirely remotely which greatly reduces the need for the on-site technical support provisioning. In an ideal case scenario, we set it up only once and that's it!
Provided that printers are unpacked, placed, wired (in case of Ethernet) and powered all the rest can be performed through remote access. Since our clients are predominantly using Android OS, below is a guide on how to configure Star TSP100 printers by remotely controlling a Samsung device.
Step 1, the printer and the feed test:
- Make sure everything is properly connected and powered (check paper roll as well).
- Check whether the mobile device and the printer are on the same network.
- Run the Feed Test: turn off the printer (via power button), hold the feed button pressed and turn on the printer while still holding the feed button. Release the feed button after the first beep.
Step 2, assigning the address via web browser:
- Open a web browser and type in the IP address from the Feed Test.
- Log in to the Star Network Utility:
- Press Cancel at the prompt below (OK leads to the password change).
- Change IP Parameters (make sure the Dynamic is turned off).
- Enter the values from the Feed Test.
- Submit -> Save -> Configuration printing -> Restart device -> Execute
The printer will reboot after which you can try a Test Receipt (assuming it has already been configured from the Bizzon web administration and added locally in the app).