Guide below aims to help merchants install and configure hardware components.
Mobile Devices (Tablets and Phones)
Bizzon ePOS application. Here are the steps to get them ready for Bizzon.
- Create or, sign in with, a Google account (necessary for accessing Google Play Store).
- Connect the device to the network (the same network which is used for printers). Device can be connected either over WiFI or via cable (if applicable).
- Open Google Play Store and search for Bizzon.
- Install Bizzon ePOS app (not Bizzon KDS app).
- Open the app and sign in with your user credentials.
Miura Card Readers
1. Card terminals need to boarded on Bizzon before they can be put to use. To do that we need two things:
- MID from your acquirer (Bambora, Barlaycard or American Express)
- list of serial numbers for card terminals for each venue. SN can be found on the backside of the device.
We will inform you once terminals are boarded and connected with your MID, so you can proceed with the steps below.
2. Before doing anything make sure all devices are charged or keep them on the charger during the setup. Certain tasks such as update will not be able to proceed if the battery is below 50%.
3. Card terminals need to be paired with Android devices over Bluetooth. Please note that mobile devices and card terminals are paired one-on-one. This means a single terminal cannot be shared simultaneously by several Android devices. Multiple card readers can be connected with a single Android device, but only one card reader can be actively used (there is a ✔ sign next to the active reader).
4. Once paired, card readers need to be updated. Please follow this guide to update card readers.
5. In order to improve the performance of payment processing, it is advisable to keep the card reader connected to a mobile device.
Printers and Cash Drawers
The guide below assumes that printers are staged, powered, and connected to the local network already.
1. Firstly, we need to identify the IP addresses for each of the printers by doing a Self Test. It is highly advisable that printers are labelled (f.e. Bar1, Bar2, Kitchen etc) so that we use the same names for them. Once printers are labelled, write the name and model of the printer on the second paper you receive from the Self Test. This will ensure that there is no confusion about which printout belongs to which printer.
Printers should be on DHCP by default. We can use the dynamic IP addresses assigned and switch them to Static IP addresses. Dynamic/Static IP Assignment will be printed out on the Self Test ticket.
Figure 1: Example of a Self Test printout with DHCP enabled
Figure 2: Example of a Self Test printout with DHCP disabled (Static)
Once printers are named and labelled and we know their static IP addresses we can connect them with your Bizzon account. You can do this yourself from the back office by following our guide articles, but I suggest we do this for you based on the Printer Configuration Template. Just fill in the first sheet and we’ll configure additional outlets in the second stage (if needed).
There is a legend in the template which should help you with filling it in. There are four important functions that can be assigned to a printer.
Receipt – printing of receipts (invoices) for guests. Can be set to automatic (1 copy, 2 copies) or manual (auto printing off).
Order – printing of order tickets for specific product categories (Food, Hot Drinks, Desserts). When items are added and saved to an order they will print to specific order printers based on the configuration.
Order stub – irrelevant for most users. Order stub is kind of a queue token that tells the customer the number of their order so they know when is it ready for pickup. A use case is quick-service restaurants.
4. Once printers are added and configured at the back office we can proceed to test them from the ePOS application. First, we need to make sure all printers are appearing in the Settings -> Printers section of the app. Next, a test receipt needs to be printed on each of the printers. If the test receipt prints out successfully, you can proceed to testing order ticket printing, receipt printing, cash drawer opening and report printing.