An outlet is the basic sub-unit of an account and represents a distinct location and/or service within the hotel (e.g. Restaurant, Bar, Room Service, Outside Area etc.).
It is responsible for issuing invoices, order settings and printer configuration. A mobile device logs into a specific outlet and stays there unless the outlet is manually changed.
Revenue centers are virtual shoeboxes for separating sources of revenue (e.g. Restaurant, Bar, Conferencing, Events, Room Service, External Guests, Delivery etc). Reporting is the revenue centers' primary purpose. Each revenue center can relate to one or more outlets and vice versa, an outlet can be connected to one or more revenue centers. In terms of hierarchy, outlets are at the primary level while Revenue Centers are the secondary level.
What is a revenue center?
As mentioned in the introduction, revenue centers sit on top of outlets. Their main purpose is to separate different streams of revenue in reports. The outlet is responsible for issuing invoices, order settings and printer configuration while the revenue center aggregates revenue in separate report sections.
Each outlet should have at least one revenue center connected to it.
A single outlet can be connected to multiple revenue center.
A single revenue center can be connected to multiple outlets. If that is the case, the system will ask the user which outlet the order should go through. This choice will determine where the receipt prints and what is the invoice numeration (i.e. which outlet issues the invoice) but the revenue will be attributed to the chosen revenue center regardless of which outlet issues the invoice.
How to create a revenue center?
- Navigate to Settings -> Revenue centers
- Click on +ADD button
- Assign a name to the new revenue center
- Assign default covers – when a new order is opened on the revenue center this value will be pre-filled as the default number of covers
- Select which outlets connect with the revenue center. If multiple outlets are chosen the system will ask which one the order should go through.
- By default, the newly added revenue center will be inactive (not available in the POS application). The activation slider should be clicked to activate it.
Note: if you are using a PMS integration, keep in mind that your newly created revenue center may need a POS/PMS code and some adjustments to the POS-to-PMS mapping. If you are using a PMS integration, please reach out to Bizzon support before using the new revenue center.